Frequently Asked Questions
How do I place an order?
- The simplest way to place an order is on our webstore. If you have an account with Pacific Automation already, you can contact your rep who will link your webstore account to your existing account. This will give you full access to your pricing, orders, and order history delivery details and invoice history.
- If you are a new customer, you can register for a new account online or you can check out as a guest.
Why should I order online?
- Ordering online provides is the most efficient and convenient way to order. With the flexibility to place your orders 24/7, with the fulfilment team notified on submission/payment.
- If you prefer to place your orders via email, or phone, then our experienced internal sales team will process your order and assist with any questions you may have. You can still get the benefits of reviewing the list price and availability online, and you can still log in to get access to "My Account" page to check your order, delivery, invoice and credit status.
What information do I need to supply when ordering?
- If you already have an existing account with us, you just need to provide an order number when placing your order on the webstore.
- If you’re a new customer, you’ll need to either register for a new account online or check out as a guest. You’ll need to provide your business name, billing address and shipping address. Payment can be made online via credit card or PayPal.
How do I find out if a product is in stock?
- When you are not logged into the webstore, you will be able to see if a product is in stock or not. Once logged in, you will be able to see available stock quantities.
- If you require more stock from what is shown, please contact our Internal Sales team here who will be able to assist you further.
The price on the webstore is not the price I usually pay?
If you have a special discount or pricing arrangements with Pacific Automation, your prices will display once you log in to the webstore. If you notice an error, please Contact Us.
How do I find out the ETA of a product not in stock?
If the product you need is not in stock, Contact Us and our customer support team will advise a lead time.
Accounts and Payments
Can I set up an account? If so, how?
How can I pay for my order?
You can pay online for your order via credit card or PayPal.
Existing account holders can place orders onto their account within their existing credit limit. You will need to provide a purchase order number when placing your orders.
What credit cards do you accept?
We accept Visa & MasterCard credit cards. You can also pay via PayPal.
If I paid by credit card for my first order, can I set up an account afterwards for more orders?
Yes, please Contact Us to request an Account Application Form.
What are the returns policy?
You can find our Return Policy here
Quotes and Pricing
What are your payment terms?
If you’re an existing Pacific Automation account holder, the payment terms on the webstore are the same. You can place orders to your account online, you just need to provide a purchase order number. If you’re a new customer and you would like to set up trading terms with Pacific Automation, you can Contact Us to request an Account Application Form.
Do you offer discounts on bulk amounts?
If you have a large quantity to order or require a special price for a project, please Contact Us to discuss your requirements and our sales team will be happy to assist.
Can I get an official quote online?
Yes, once you have added items to your cart, click the "Quote" button. This will log the quote in our system and email you a copy. If you wish to convert your quote to an order, you can do so by finding your quote in the My Account section and click on the "Convert to Order" button.
Can I convert a quote into an order with an invoice for payment
Yes, you can convert a quote to order through the My Account section of the website. You will receive an order confirmation via email as soon as you place an order. Tax invoices are sent once your order has shipped.
Can I pay for an invoice online?
Yes, you can pay for new orders and existing invoices online via credit card or PayPal.
What brands do you stock?
We stock products from several leading manufacturers. You can find out more about them on our Brands page.
What industries do you cover in your product range?
You can find out more about the products and solutions we provide on the Solutions page.
Shipping and Delivery
How much does shipping cost?
Shipping is free for orders over $100 ex GST, if the order is less than $100 ex GST the flat rate of freight is $20 ex GST within Australia.
What carrier do you use?
We use various carriers depending on the weight, dimensions and destination. You will be notified of the details of the carrier when logging in to track your order.
Can I track my order?
You can check your order status by navigating to My Account. Your current orders are listed under My Orders. Once an order is dispatched, you will receive an email containing the contents of the consignment, the carrier and the tracking number.
Why hasn’t my shipment arrived?
We do our best to deliver all orders on time. If you haven’t received your order and would like an update, you can contact us, and we will investigate for you.
Which countries do you ship to?
When placing orders on our webstore, we will only ship to Australian addresses. If you are located overseas, please Contact Us and our internal sales team will address your enquiry.
Technical Support & Advice
Can you help me with an upcoming project with various requirements?
Yes, we have a team of experienced salespeople and engineers who can assist with your project requirements. Reach out on our Contact Us page, and we’ll put you in touch with a product expert.
Do you have specifications and datasheets available on products?
You can find datasheets for most products on the product page. The Download Datasheet button is beneath the Add to Cart button.
How can I get technical help with a product I have previously ordered from you?
You can get in touch with us via the Contact Us page, this will create a technical support ticket, and one of our team will be in touch to assist you. For fast assistance, you can phone our office on 1300 881 876.
Do you have instruction manuals, set up manuals for products?
Yes, we are always adding new manuals and guides onto our website. If you can’t find what you’re looking for online, Contact Us and we’ll be happy to assist.
Do you do onsite visits?
Yes, we appreciate the opportunity to work alongside you on site. We have technical sales staff based in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Perth. We can also offer technical support, advice, and product demonstrations over video conference.
Do you provide custom orders that are specified?
Yes, we can deliver customised solutions. Contact Us to discuss your requirements.