Expo Technologies provide robust and certified solutions for the complex world of hazardous area electrical enclosures and purge & pressurisation systems.
Founded in 1954, Expo Technologies is headquartered in London, with additional offices and manufacturing centres in the US and Asia. Expo design engineered solutions that are plant and equipment specific, ensuring that all hazardous area safety measures and standards are met and exceeded.
Pacific Automation is the sole authorised sales and service partner for Expo Technologies in Australia. We've provided and serviced their solutions for the oil and gas, petrochemical, mining and grain handling industries for over 40 years. We offer local and remote onsite support and servicing, plus expert assistance with commissioning, technical setup, and troubleshooting.
Purge & Pressurisation
Expo specialise in purge and pressurisation solutions for large electric motors and generators. Models for high-flow, large scale and Ex p applications are designed for operation within low and high temperature environments.
Stainless steel units are ideal for harsh operating conditions. Expo systems including CLAPS (Closed Loop Automatic Pressurization System) can virtually eliminate motor trips due to local changes in enclosure pressure.
- Variable motor purge flow rates
- Purge timers for accurate and repeatable purge times
- Battery or EPPS variants
- Ex e junction box/terminals for system status and alarms W/Optional Ex i, Ex d junction boxes
- Satisfies IECEx requirements for Zone 1 & 2 and Zone 21 & 22
Enclosure Purge Systems
Expo’s enclosure purge systems achieve full certification while protecting your hazardous area electrical equipment. Choose from leakage compensation or continuous flow models, alongside simplified dust and environmental pressurisation systems.
Mini-Purge and Smart-Purge platforms offer flexibility across a broad range of applications, while customised solutions can be designed and built to order in line with your specifications.
- Proven and tested solutions for electrical enclosure protection and OEM products
- Product configuration tool for specific requirements
- Approved under ATEX, IECEx, NEC and most certification schemes
- Suitable for Zone 1 & 2, 21 & 22; Class I Div 1 & 2, Class II Div 1 & 2; Class I Zone 1 & 2, Class II Zone 21 & 22
Hazardous Area Enclosures
Expo hazardous area enclosures are built and certified to withstand prolonged use in hazardous industrial environments where gas and dust are present. Custom enclosures are available to meet situational requirements. Choose from 316L stainless or painted mild steel.
- Enclosures certified to Ex p, Ex e, Ex nR or Ex t standards
- Request a Manufacturer’s Declaration of Conformity (MDOC) or manage certification through a Notified Body
- Customise for shapes, sizes and unique applications
- FastTrack delivery options
Expo manufactures a full range of accessories and spare parts to complement and complete the installation of your hazardous area machinery and equipment.
With solutions for temperature control, power supplies and operator interfaces, find an Expo accessory to suit your specific application.
- Electro-Pneumatic Power Supply (EPPS) for independent systems
- Intrinsically safe valves for switching performance
- Operator Interface Adaptors for the use of standard HMI's throughout purge & pressure enclosures
- In-line air heaters and filter units; cabinet coolers for high thermal loads
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT EXPO PRODUCTSLive Chat